I’ve updated to 8.1.1 earlier than normal because I was trying to track down a bug that was happening in my system. Pearson Tech Support recommended that I upgrade to the latest version in order to see if the bug has been fixed in the newer version. It didn’t.
However, 8.1.1 has been fine thus far. I think these incremental upgrades are okay to do as long as you are ready.
There’s a few new features that I haven’t started using yet, but will get around to eventually. Especially the ability to attach documents to student records now.
I hope to see you all at PSUG Asia in a couple of months.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
PowerSchool 8.2 is now available for download from PowerSource.
For detailed information about the release, see the release notes document, available on PowerSource.
Key Features and Enhancements
- Teacher Recommendations
- Enable Course Request screen for PowerSchool for Students and Parents portal and PowerSchool administrator portal
- PowerScheduler report enhancements
- API read-access to all PowerSchool tables
- Enhanced external systems plugin support
- Student’s bell schedule and matrix schedule now available on the PowerSchool Students and Parents portal
- New option added to the Teacher Submission Status page to exclude sections that are excluded from attendance
When deleting a section, associated CC records are not removed
Multi-day attendance grid does not record total minutes for interval attendance
ADA/ADM by Student report does not calculate excluded attendance codes properly
Consecutive Absence report generates error